Copyright China Club of Seattle. All rights reserved.
Intern with the China Club of Seattle!
The student internship on the Board of Directors of the China Club of Seattle is intended to introduce the student to the process of board governance, nonprofit management, and activities of the China Club of Seattle. The internship will provide the student with an experience that will enhance his/her career in international studies and help him/her develop leadership skills that could lead to later participation in the community or as a board member of a nonprofit organization. It provides a unique networking opportunity with people engaged in the China community in Seattle and also provides a voice in the local community for the next generation of China scholars. The student will get to attend the five annual dinners for free (a $30 value per dinner).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend all board meetings and assist the board in carrying out its responsibilities
- Be informed about the organization’s mission, strategic plans, and activities
- Attend all China Club dinners (usually third Friday of September, November, January, March and May)
- Inform others about the organization and promote events
- Updating and improving the Club website and social media presence
- Participate in the selection of the next student intern
- Time commitment is approximately 2 – 4 hours per week
- Ability to commit to the internship for the entire academic year (September 2018 to June 2019) with a willingness to prepare for and attend board meetings and Club events
- Interest in China is a must; some China experience or Chinese language ability is a plus but not necessary
- Web design and/or social media marketing experience or interest is a plus
- Ability to think clearly and creatively; work well with people individually and in a group; take responsibility and follow through on a given assignment
- Possess honesty and integrity; sensitivity to and tolerance of differing views; a friendly and responsive approach; and concern for the Club’s development
- Self-starter who can generate ideas and take initiative
Application materials should include a cover letter, a current resume, and two references (names and contact information). The cover letter should discuss the applicant’s career goals and their interest in the China Club Board Internship. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Priority Deadline is 1 June 2018, and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis after that date.